Were you or someone you know ineligible for federal stimulus checks or unemployment benefits during the pandemic due to immigration status? The Washington COVID-19 Immigrant Relief Fund helps support immigrants by offering $1,000 grants to eligible applicants. Online applications are available until May 21st 2021, and recipients will be awarded their grants in June.
Who is eligible? To apply, you must fall under the following categories:
- You are a Washington state resident.
- You are at least 18 years of age.
- You have been significantly affected by the coronavirus pandemic, such as loss of employment or significant reduction in work hours, contracting the coronavirus or caring for a family member who contracted the coronavirus.
- You are ineligible to receive unemployment insurance compensation or federal stimulus dollars due to immigration status.
- You have an income at or below 250% of the federal poverty level.
For more information and to apply, visit this link: www.immigrantreliefwa.org
Translations are available in English, Spanish, Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, and Swahili. Also included is a list of organizations offering help with applications in case you are in need of assistance.
Applications will close early if all the spots are filled, so apply as soon as possible!